Is Your Clearinghouse Prepared?
1. – Which type of ICD-10 claims are you able to process?
Which type of transactions are you able to perform:
– 270/271 Eligibility Inquiry/ Response?
– 278 Auth. Request & Response?
– 837P Claims Submission?
– 835 Claims Remittance?
– Non-Standard Transactions?
2. – Is ICD-10 end-to-end testing open to all clients?
a. – How is payer-specific testing handled?
b. – How does a practice participate in testing?
3. – Do you have a physician outreach plan in play?
a. – Are there any special instructions for processing ICD-10 claims?
b. – Are there any new or separate fees for updates or processing?
c. – What percentage of practices do you estimate have/are testing?
4. – Specifically, how will your technology help practices transition to ICD-10?
5. – What type of ICD-10 claim reports are you able to provide:
a. – Claim rejections and denials by CPT, diagnosis code, and by payer?
b. – Commonly used unspecified diagnosis codes?
c. – Other?
6. – What type of resources and education do you have available?
7. – Is your support staff fully ramped up?
8. – What % of customers have you communicated your ICD-10 strategy and details with?
9. – What % of EHR/PM vendors have you participated with in testing?
10. – Do you know of payers that have not tested, or are still unable to test?