How will ICD-10 affect your practice?
1. Do you need new forms?
– If so, this may be the perfect opportunity to go electronic.
– For some practices software costs could be offset by no longer needing to purchase forms.
2. Are your existing software systems ready?
– Some offices have as many as 5 different software systems ranging from scheduling, to billing, and clinical.
Which one’s need upgrades?
-Is it time to switch to an All-in-one system?
3. Do you need a Clearinghouse?
-Is it time to switch clearinghouses?
-Have you contacted your existing clearinghouse to see how they have prepared and what ICD-10 testing/support they offer?
-Have you updated all your contracts?
4. Can you generate and submit an ICD-10 claim?
5. Do you need access to ICD-10 codes?
-Does your software vendor include ICD-10 in their system?
6. Do you need Code Training?
7. Do you know the ICD-10 code/family for the top 20 conditions you treat?